The Italian Sleddog
School is open from 1st December to Easter in Ponte di Legno Tonale (BS) - Italy.
There are regular sleddog courses (with the dogs and sled on snow) and huskytrekking
(walking with one harnessed dog) in summer time from April to September. The activities of
the Italian Sleddog School are organised directly with the School Staff
instructors and Armen Khatchikian who has completed the great race in Alaska the
Iditarod 1,000 miles race.
There are four kind of courses:
- White week:
Monday to Friday every morning from about 9.00 AM to 13.00 PM.
- Short week:
Three days of full immersion from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.
- Two week-ends:
Morning and afternoon of two Saturday and one Sunday morning.
- 20 hours:
Individual lesson can be arranged according to the schedule of the Italian Sleddog School.
- Annual association card for student EUR 34
- One hour lesson EUR 28
- Junior and senior musher course EUR 258
- The School is open to visits of the kennel with the purchase of a temporary association
card valid one month for EUR 3
- Huskytrekking with one dog each, one hour lesson EUR 18
- Huskytrekking junior and senior course EUR 258
Prices do not include insurance and hotel accommodations.